Essential Oils & Kids. Toxins in the home. Post #2
WHAT’S LURKING IN YOUR HOME?
Let’s chat about some mind-blowing facts about what is lurking in our homes. I had no idea there were harmful ingredients in the things I used on my skin daily, and so if you are in this place, or anywhere near it, please know that this is a judgment free zone! All of us in here are on a wellness journey and you are invited, exactly as you are, and at whatever stage you are in!
- Store bought soaps contain sodium laureth sulfate, a toxic chemical used to remove car grease off of garage floors. This can be damaging to the skin, as well as disruptive to immune health and hormonal health.
- Both adult and kid shampoos contain phthalates, a toxic chemical that has been banned in children’s toys, but is still found in body cleansing products. It is known to be an endocrine disruptor, and very hard for the body to break down when used consistently during bath time.
- The main ingredient in candles and home sprays is formaldehyde, which is the number one cancer causing chemical, and is what we get embalmed with at the morgue. They say inhaling scents from candles or sprays is the equivalent to inhaling second hand smoke, which is even more dangerous than actually smoking the cigarette itself.
- Store bought household cleaning products contain 2-butoxyethanol, which is a toxin known to cause sore throat, narcosis, and severe liver and kidney damage.
- Store bought laundry detergents and dryer sheets contain alpha-terpineol, benzyl alcohol, and camphor, which are all toxic ingredients that cause central nervous system disorders, loss of muscular coordination, central nervous system depression, headaches, nausea, and vomiting.
- Many baby products contain the listed ingredient “fragrance,” which is simply a broad category that hides hundreds of toxic chemicals behind that word itself. Companies are not required to reveal the actual chemicals that are within the “fragrance” category, hence keeping the public in the dark about the true toxicity of the products we use on our little ones. This can cause huge hormone disruption.
- Women apply over 300 chemicals to their face and skin per day, including talc, bismuth, parabens, lead, mercury, and mineral oil. These chemicals are all found in store bought skin care and makeup products, which can disrupt the endocrine system, are highly carcinogenic, and have even been found in tumors.
When we use these products on ourselves and our children on a daily basis, the toxins build up and accumulate within our bodies – a process called “bioaccumulation.” This means that the more we expose ourselves to these toxins, the harder it is for our bodies to break them down. Because of this build up, it causes both minor and major health issues, that otherwise could be prevented if we simply quit using those toxins. Even if these issues aren’t apparent right now, they will be apparent later on down the road.
What’s even scarier to know, is some of the most popular “organic” products can still contain some the ingredients above. Even if you think you’re making a better decision about going organic instead of conventional, there is still a probability that your organic product is still highly toxic for yourself or your little ones.
Don’t believe me? Visit the Environmental Working Group website at ewg.org, plug in the ingredients of your products, and see how high it is rated in toxicity. Or, download the “Think Dirty” app on your smartphone, and look at the toxicity levels. The results will shock you, and will make you want to throw those products in the trash.
WHAT TO USE INSTEAD:
Young Living products have NONE of the chemicals listed above and only contains the purest of plant based ingredients. While they are an essential oil company, they are also a fully-equipped natural products company. They have supplements, beauty products, household cleaning products, stuff for kids and babies, home purifiers, bath and shower products, oral care, and yes – even makeup! This makes it easy to simply ditch the products you’re currently using, and replace it with something Young Living has instead. It is your one-stop-shop for all things you will need for yourself, for your home, for your children, and for your health!
Simply put, the only thing inside their essential oil bottles is the plant itself – no additives, fillers, synthetic fragrances, preservatives, or dyes (which is NOT the same for store bought essential oils, hence why other brands can be dangerous and highly toxic). The same goes for all of their products – the only ingredients within the products are the ones listed on the label, and they are all plant based. Not one single ingredient is synthetic, toxic, or chemically derived!!!
BUT IT’S TOO EXPENSIVE….
Some people have a misconception of thinking that using Young Living products in their home and on their family is a new or added expense. WRONG! It’s not! Instead, it’s a shift in spending. Everyone spends money on products every day, every month, every year – whether the products are good for you or not. With this route, instead of going to the store for all of your products, you are getting them from Young Living. I personally LOVE online shopping and HATE going to the store! I have also found it to be true that I use a smaller amount of product than I’m used to with other brands. High quality simply goes further and lasts longer. Since you don’t need to use as much to get great results, it doesn’t cost as much! Let’s talk about 5 ways you can so totally afford Young Living.
- Get a Wholesale Membership!
This is the route that 99% of people go when they want to start using Young Living products. With this route, you get wholesale pricing on everything they have instead of retail pricing, which saves you 24% on every single item they’ve got! If you’re here, chances are you already have one of these babies!!! Just log into your VO and get to shopping!!!!
- Get on Essential Rewards Immediately!
Another cool thing about Young Living, is they give cash back to frequent buyers. There is a super incredible program called Essential Rewards, which acts as a “monthly box” that you can customize and get shipped to you every month, filled with products you are needing for your family or in your home. Over time, you can earn up to 25% back in points for your orders, and those points you can use towards getting products for FREE. With Essential Rewards, you can also take advantage of the FREE monthly promotions that Young Living has, cheaper shipping options, and the option to cancel at any time. So, basically, Young Living pays you to order their products through this program. Name another store that will do that for you?! NONE!
This program also gives you a means of affordably ditching and switching, which can be a process to do. So, this month, you can order everything for your kiddos, next month household cleaning products. And the next month, you can order beauty products, baby products, or supplements, or essential oils, or makeup, whatever you need – so on and so forth!
With all of these perks and benefits of the Essential Rewards program, it’s only a minimum of 50 PV in products for each monthly box, which can be the equivalent of $50. Now, before you think that’s a lot, it’s TOTALLY not! We all spend well over $50 a month on products every single month. All this is, is shifting that spending from the store to something natural instead. Even people with the most minimal budgets can do Essential Rewards!
- Get FREE products with Young Living’s monthly promotions!
Young Living has this cool tradition, where they give away an assortment of products to members every month for FREE. For anyone who orders over a certain amount in a single order, Young Living will include some free products in the box for you. Normally, there are 4 different ordering tiers – 100, 190, 250, or 300. If you order over any of those amounts in one single order, they will automatically include the FREE monthly products, which could add up to hundreds of dollars in stuff you didn’t have to pay for. Cool, huh?!
- Create DIY products yourself!
Some people find even more ways to pinch pennies and reduce toxins in their home by creating DIY products with Young Living’s essential oils and products. There are literally thousands upon thousands of recipes out there to create chemical-free options for yourself and your family. When you add Young Living’s essential oils to your DIY products, the powerful plant properties will add natural fragrance, be soothing to the skin, act as a natural purifying agent, and will support your overall health at the same time, all depending on what you’re making. Basically, adding oils to your DIY recipes will make them even better for you than if you didn’t add them at all!
- Share Young Living with friends, get paid for their referral!
When we say Young Living literally pays you back, they not only do that when you order, they also do that whenever you refer friends. For every friend you refer, if that friend creates a wholesale account and orders a Premium Starter Kit like you did, you can get $50. So, if you refer 3 friends to Young Living, it could pay you back for the Premium Starter Kit you initially purchased for yourself! Also, if you keep referring friends, it could get your monthly Essential Rewards orders paid for, too, that way you will NEVER pay for your products! Talk about a money saver! What other stores (ahem… Target where you at!?) deposit cash in your bank account for referring friends? NONE!
THE BEST WAY TO GET STARTED
There are hundreds of uses for each essential oil. And Young Living offers HUNDREDS of oils to choose from.
But remember how I talked about how a wholesale membership is the way to GO when it comes to kicking toxins out affordably? Well thankfully Young Living has curated the PERFECT kit of essential oils to get you that wholesale membership. The kit is valued at over $330.00 if you were to purchase everything separately without your wholesale membership, but they’ve priced it at only $160.00. A savings of almost 50%!! The kit they’ve curated is PERFECT because it includes 11 oils and a diffuser giving you hundreds of uses for the most common things you’d need to use oils for! We’ll let the kids break down the uses in the next post 😉